Do you have personal code of conduct? A way you have consciously decided to be in the world.
I don't mean your long term goals of retiring with financial security, or getting a certain car or losing a certain amount of pounds. I mean do you have certain feelings or emotions that you want to experience everyday while on your way to your bigger long term goals.
Here are 7 elements that guide my thoughts and actions each day:
1. Love. I live from a place of love. Love is my essence.
2. Appreciation. I am grateful for everything in my life.
3. Curiosity. Google is my friend.
4. Excitement. I do what I want to do every day. If I'm doing it, it is my choice and I chose to do it with excitement.
5. Flexibility. I have decided to embrace change and spontaneity.
6. Confidence. I choose confidence over fear.
7. Cheerfulness. Being cheerful makes people around me happy and that adds to my happiness.
How about you? What do you want to experience every day? What thoughts, beliefs, language would you have to adopt to make that your reality?
Just a little food for thought.